Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

While taking the deposit my dealer repeatedly mentioned that I have up to 2 weeks to add options to my order.
My order was placed on 27th Feb and hence qualified for VIP package.
Couple of days ago I sent an email to dealer asking them to add 2 year warranty. I got a reply saying 'No problem, it will be added ' on the same day.

But today I got an email saying they can't add additional warranty without losing my VIP package as the order date will get modified to today's date.

I spoke to Skoda customer care and they said they will get in touch with the dealer to understand what the issue is (especially coz the person did not have full info on VIP package and the terms associated with the offer)?

Anyone else faced this ?

Actually I am bit put off with the entire episode, mainly because of the Triglav Wheel issue and now this.

I made a distance purchase order without visiting the dealer or seeing the car and I am still under 14 days of signing the contract. Can I get a full deposit refund if I am not satisfied with the response they come back with?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
There are a few people thinking of cancelling due to the the total cock-up Skoda have made of the whole Kodiaq launch.
I don't know if anyone cancelling will get their deposit returned or not. I suspect it depends on your relationship with your dealer, & the possibility of him being able to sell it quickly.
Hopefully any one who cancelles will tell us how it goes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Skoda customer care just called back. They confirmed what dealer has said regarding the order date getting changed if new options are added and its impact on VIP package.
But it seems after discussing with the product team, they have found a way of editing the order at their side without losing VIP package.
They will let my dealer know on how to edit the order in such cases and call me back as soon as its done. My build week is 22 (unconfirmed). Once the status changes to confirmed, I won't be able to add any more options.

I have to admit Skoda scores a point here.
The person explained everything well and the resolution was also positive.

·
Registered
617 Posts
My understanding is, if you haven't had a test drive, you are entitled to cancel the order legally. That's what the salesperson told me when I put the deposit. The manager who called me the next day to confirm the order evaded the question by saying that it's an amazing car to drive and I will be happy with it. When I insisted, he said that because I paid with my credit card, I will be within my right to cancel the order.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I emailed the dealer yesterday to request changing the upholstery from black Alacantara to beige leather. I got a response saying that my request has been passed on to the manager waiting for his response after which he will call me. I'm still waiting for the call (have already ring then twice today and have been promised a call back).

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have changed my spec since initial order and the order date changed accordingly. However I kept my VIP package which was done differently when I ordered. I managed to get the value of the package and some extra off as a promotional voucher instead of the package just being added on.

I shall remain tight lipped over the promotional voucher value.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
There are a few people thinking of cancelling due to the the total cock-up Skoda have made of the whole Kodiaq launch.
I don't know if anyone cancelling will get their deposit returned or not. I suspect it depends on your relationship with your dealer, & the possibility of him being able to sell it quickly.
Hopefully any one who cancelles will tell us how it goes.
Not sure about the UK, but my local dealer said that the deposit is refundable less the options you have chosen. When pressed on this I got "The options may have no value to the next buyer if you decided not to proceed with purchase."

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Crafty sods! That means that not only do they keep my £1000 but I technically would have to pay them £500 MORE for the pan roof and front sensors. They can take a hike!

·
Registered
617 Posts
The dealer yesterday confirmed that the upholstery has been changed from black Alacantara to beige leather.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts