Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up Yogi 21st December and generally love the driving experience, great seats and a smooth and responsive drive. But there are a couple of minor niggles that are proving slightly frustrating and wondering if need to take to to the dealer to investigate. First is the adaptive headlights, don't seem to work in dark country lanes, or anywhere with streetlights. Had a 2014 Volvo XC60 before and the adaptive light were brilliant, so intelligent you could drive behind a car and the beam split so you could never blind other drivers.

The other issue is the heated wing mirrors, When you have frost or just a bit of dew on them the Volvo used to clear and dry out any residual moisture is 3-5 minutes leaving them totally clear. Yogi just doesn't even clear frost, let alone moisture. Before I head to the dealer, anyone able to tell me about your experiences and how your mirrors and headlights work......thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
I am probably pointing out the obvious, but I mention the following because it caught me out and may just catch out others...

On my previous car, the wing mirrors would defrost when I switched on the rear window defrost. There was no separate button for either.
On the Kodiaq the wing mirror defrost is a separate function, which is on the wing mirror adjustment toggle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for pointing that out, I was just being a dingbat! Only excuse I have is that in all my cars I've ever had, heated mirrors been linked to the heated rear window, this is the first where it is a seperate operation. Frosty this morning, checked it and works as expected. Question, do you know if it has a timer to auto shut off or do you have to remember to manually turn it off everytime you use it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
On my old A5 Cab if the low temp warning was on (4 degrees C or below) the wing mirrors would heat up, I expected the same on Suzy as it's all VAG, but don't believe it to be the case. As we've had a few mornings where I've had to twist the mirror dial to de-mist the mirrors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
If I am right its need to be turned off manually?That is what I do anyway... :cool:
By the way your profile says you collected the Yogi on 22/12/2018..!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your comments. Will adjust my profile for delivery date, 2017 not 2018, again me being a dingbat! Under stress as moving to Turkey for three years and will be driving Yogi out to post. Taking him on a 2800 mile Europe adventure getting there and lots of stress involved in moving!! Keen to get everything sorted with Yogi before we go as I know they have Skoda dealers but from other expat comments they are not great. Want any warranty issues sorted before we go. Any comments on how good people finding adaptive headlights, how well do they work and in what surroundings. Spoke to a dealer and he indicated something about not working under 40mph. Sounds stupid as driving round country lanes you rarely get over 40 and thats exactly when you want adaptive lights.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,544 Posts
Glad you sorted the mirrors. I am not sure if the are auto-off. so I always turn mine off manually as soon as they have cleared.
Having only the 'pleb-mobile' SE L not the Edition I'm afraid I can't help with the adaptive lights as I don't have them (not that I've noticed anyway,) Perhaps I also belong to the 'Dingbat club'! :roll:
Keep in touch from Turkey!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Glad you sorted the mirrors. I am not sure if the are auto-off. so I always turn mine off manually as soon as they have cleared.
Having only the 'pleb-mobile' SE L not the Edition I'm afraid I can't help with the adaptive lights as I don't have them (not that I've noticed anyway,) Perhaps I also belong to the 'Dingbat club'! :roll:
Keep in touch from Turkey!
You've got adaptive lights but not auto dip.

Thought Process - which one are your speaking of? My adaptive lights work well and I see them auto adjust as soon as they come on. I can't say mine split when I'm behind a car but then, I don't expect them to.

If you're speaking about the auto dip for full beam I don't have it to pass on my own comments but I know from reading on here that others haven't found it very useful and have turned the function off because they got fed up blinding other drivers.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,544 Posts
I get confused by all the Skoda flim-flam.
I know I have LEDs and they do the Skoda 'dance' when they come on and they can also be auto on. so what exactly is the 'adaptive' bit?
What I do know is that they are best lights I have ever driven behind. I thought the Yeti HIDs were pretty good but the LEDs are fantastic. genuine 70 mph lights.
SWMBO took me out in her 12 reg Jazz they other night.
I said "Turn your high beams on for heaven's sake" she said "They are on". Her Jazz had just passed it's test so one assume the lights were set correctly but they were so YELLOW.
On low beam they are seriously only 30mph lights on low beam and I would not want to go over 40 on an unlit road on high beam. It just goes to show how things have progressed in 5 years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
I get confused by all the Skoda flim-flam.
I know I have LEDs and they do the Skoda 'dance' when they come on and they can also be auto on. so what exactly is the 'adaptive' bit?
What I do know is that they are best lights I have ever driven behind. I thought the Yeti HIDs were pretty good but the LEDs are fantastic. genuine 70 mph lights.
SWMBO took me out in her 12 reg Jazz they other night.
I said "Turn your high beams on for heaven's sake" she said "They are on". Her Jazz had just passed it's test so one assume the lights were set correctly but they were so YELLOW.
On low beam they are seriously only 30mph lights on low beam and I would not want to go over 40 on an unlit road on high beam. It just goes to show how things have progressed in 5 years.
They auto adjust, re: the dance that they do. They turn corners with you, If you sit stationary and turn the wheel you'll see this. In the simplest of terms, they narrow and widen/rise/drop depending on your speed/type of road so as to give you better visibility on motorways or A roads and more sensible lighting in city streets.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,544 Posts
You're quite right. they do all that!
I'm not allowed out after dark much, not without my nurse anyway!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I was out in mine last night for the first time on an unlit country road and can confirm the auto high beam only works when there are no street lights and you are traveling above 40mph. I accelerated above 40mph and they came on and as soon as I dropped below they went off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Shredder said:
I was out in mine last night for the first time on an unlit country road and can confirm the auto high beam only works when there are no street lights and you are traveling above 40mph. I accelerated above 40mph and they came on and as soon as I dropped below they went off.
That is how they are designed - High Beam Assist has always been like this. You can of course override it by pushing the stalk again and putting them in manual mode.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Adaptive Light isn't matrix LED (where the beam could split) or AFS as it was with HID/Xenon (they won't rotate in corners)

What they do is just slightly expand the beam width sometime, I consider them as a CornerLight++ (because it's not just the foglights that come to the rescue)
But it's definitely not as adaptive as I expected.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top