Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Absolutely it is the most useful thing after the engine and wheels! My ACC is on more on than off

·
Registered
127 Posts
Definitely worth the £300 cost in the UK. Driving on UK motorways with ordinary CC requires regular switching off (via brake pedal) and back on again (via switch/button). Not so ACC which does all this for you, reducing speed as you approach slower traffic, and speeding up afterwards. The one thing you'll need to be aware of is that if you approach slower traffic in lane one and don't move out to overtake early enough, it will continue to slow you down for a few seconds, even when you instigate the overtaking manoeuvre. You can just wait for the ACC to decide the road ahead is clear and then it will speed up the car again. However, I think the simplest remedy is press the accelerator and this over-rides the slowing down / braking effect. I'd definitely miss ACC if I didn't have it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Marinfullsuss said:
Definitely worth the £300 cost in the UK. Driving on UK motorways with ordinary CC requires regular switching off (via brake pedal) and back on again (via switch/button). Not so ACC which does all this for you, reducing speed as you approach slower traffic, and speeding up afterwards. The one thing you'll need to be aware of is that if you approach slower traffic in lane one and don't move out to overtake early enough, it will continue to slow you down for a few seconds, even when you instigate the overtaking manoeuvre. You can just wait for the ACC to decide the road ahead is clear and then it will speed up the car again. However, I think the simplest remedy is press the accelerator and this over-rides the slowing down / braking effect. I'd definitely miss ACC if I didn't have it.
I agree with all of this and I'd definitely pay £500 for it. It's also fantastic for slow moving and stop start non motorway traffic. This is actually what I find it best for. No constant tapping of the gas and brake and if the car stops all you have to do is nudge the control when the traffic moves again and you're off.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Nothing to add here....what I wanted to say has been covered a few times! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I didn't opt for acc when i bought the car but wish now that i had, can it be retrofitted?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Anything can be retrofitted but at a significant cost. I didn't spec ACC, nor feel left out without it. I used to have it on a Jaguar XF when I lived in urban sprawl, but living nowhere near an M road and now dealing with rural twisting roads plus free roaming wildlife meant it wasn't an option I would be using regularly. Even CC rarely gets used. Each to their own. It depends on your driving. Would definitely go for it if you have motorway/freeway driving regularly.

Edit: typo

·
Registered
130 Posts
I don't have ACC. On the Express Way it would be nice. Unfortunately as most of the petrol tax and road tax is spent on other things and not the roads we don't have a lot of Express Ways in New Zealand. The lower spec cruise control has Speed Limiter, I use this a lot on the roads around here that have lower speed corners to ensure I don't go over the 4km speed limit tolerance when I do get to some straights. (I do think the old Ministry of Works got their funding per corner. :lol: )

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
100% worth it. Most of the other safety stuff you can do without, but ACC is fantastic.

·
Registered
53 Posts
HarryC said:
I didn't opt for acc when i bought the car but wish now that i had, can it be retrofitted?
I enquired about retrofitting ACC a month or so ago (I'd just missed the cutoff for changes prior to the build week allocation!). The answer at the time was no due to the number of changes needed.
Having said that, if you've got a garage willing to have money thrown at them and deep pockets......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KodiaqNZ said:
I don't have ACC. On the Express Way it would be nice. Unfortunately as most of the petrol tax and road tax is spent on other things and not the roads we don't have a lot of Express Ways in New Zealand. The lower spec cruise control has Speed Limiter, I use this a lot on the roads around here that have lower speed corners to ensure I don't go over the 4km speed limit tolerance when I do get to some straights. (I do think the old Ministry of Works got their funding per corner. :lol: )
i ordered Ambition+ too (Tauranga), but having regrets. ever wish you went for the cheaper and less thirsty Ambition ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
chrisluciofg said:
KodiaqNZ said:
i ordered Ambition+ too (Tauranga), but having regrets. ever wish you went for the cheaper and less thirsty Ambition ?
No regrets. As I stated in another post, when you need 4WD you are really glad you have it. We were parked in a grass car park at a farm park. After a light shower of rain the 2WD cars had trouble getting up the light rise to the road. The 4WD cars had no problem. So for me a 2WD car would have been a compromise that I was glad I didn't have to make.
I have been very impressed with the fuel economy, the Kodiaq is a big car. The kids love the space in the rear. Even in the 7 seat configuration there is enough room for a picnic and all the gear a family seems to need.
Enjoy the car, shop around for the best price 95 fuel. Do not try and run 91.
There may be cars that are cheaper to run, (not many though) but the Kodiaq was the only car to tick all the boxes for my family.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't find it very useful because when there are a lot of vehicles around (i.e: when you really need adaptive cruise) it keeps a very large gap even at the lowest distance setting, slows down way too quickly and takes ages to accelerate. This leads to other cars cut in front of you regularly, and that results in the car to slow down even further. Unless you are in the left most lane (Aus is RHD for anyone who is not familiar) doing 10~15kmph below the speed limit, adaptive cruise on the Kodiaq is more or less useless even in moderate traffic. I only had the car for 3 weeks, already thinking of turning off "front assist" because I still want to use cruise control the old-fashioned way but without driving like a learner driver hogging traffic. Hope it only disables adaptive cruise but not emergency braking .

But having said that, I'd still buy it to use on long road trips or on highways with very little traffic.

P.S: Before someone says I'm probably tailgating, let me say that in my over 15 years of driving I have never ever rear-ended anyone, but a couple of times I got rear-ended while braking to avoid rear-ending the car in front of me. Therefore, I am pretty confident that I leave enough of a gap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts