Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car does not appear to go into 2 Cylinder Mode despite many occasions when I think it should have. Is this a feature that should have been enabled at PDI? When I drove a Superb 1.4 TSI with only 25 miles on the clock it went into 2 Cylinder mode on several occasions.
My order paperwork stated that it does have ACT.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yes, all 1.4 engines have ACT (at least on 150PS engines). I have seen it going into 2 cylinder mode once. I didn't really notice it afterwards, but will keep an eye now.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Mine goes into 2wd quite frequently but it never stays on for long and any effort on the 'go' pedal will cancel it.
Have you tried driving in 'E'. It might work better then?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you bigboss and Colin for your responses. Not tried 'E' yet just normal mode but will give that a go and see what happens. Really love the way this car drives and also the huge amount of extra space compared to the Yeti. Plenty of room for the Greyhounds in the back now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I tried 'E' mode this afternoon at various speeds and allowed the car to coast with foot well away from the accelerator engine speed drops to idle, I believe dsg selects N whilst this happens and an eco symbol comes up in the display but no 2 cylinder mode message, very strange.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was told on the DSG 4x4 this function is not available. Suggest you check this with your dealer. Only available on lower models.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your reply Paul Dunn, I was not told that when I ordered the car and it certainly was operational on the Superb 1.4tsi dsg that I test drove to evaluate whether the engine was ok in a vehicle so large. It also showed as 1.4TSI DSG 4x4 ACT on the order form and the configurator, although I am now wondering if its actually supposed to have it or not.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. The quoted savings (which I can't remember at the moment) are so minimal as to be not worth it IMHO.
I think it's a bit of a gimmick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts