Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A newbie to this so apologies if it's been discussed before.

I am considering the Kodiaq and wanted to understand whether I would be able to access the third row by folding down the middle seat in the middle row and climbing through if I had two full-size child seats (for a 4 and 6 year old) on either side of the middle seat.

Would welcome feedback from anyone with experience of such a configuration.

Thanks in advance.

G

·
I haven't got my Kodiaq yet but I believe you cannot fold the middle seat individually, the middle seat row is split 60/40 so one side seat folds on its own, the other side folds with the centre seat.

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for both your quick responses. From the pictures I've seen of the car (here in Australia anyway) they seem to be 40/20/40. I was more thinking young kids clambering through but good suggestion to try it out with the seats except they're fitted to my current car but I can just take some measurements as a proxy. Any other feedback welcome. Cheers.

·
Registered
421 Posts
This is going to sound bizzare but with the 60/40 split I'm sure you can fold the middle seat on it's own, you just can't fold the seat by the door without the middle one also going down.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Falcman said:
Thanks for both your quick responses. From the pictures I've seen of the car (here in Australia anyway) they seem to be 40/20/40. I was more thinking young kids clambering through but good suggestion to try it out with the seats except they're fitted to my current car but I can just take some measurements as a proxy. Any other feedback welcome. Cheers.
I imagine smaller kids would be alright getting through the gap - but it's not massive. I guess you could check their belts/buckles through the boot.

Another alternative would be to add the ISOfix to the front seat and then have one free seat in outside of the middle row (depending on how many kids you have) and then your partner sitting in the free middle row seat. Not ideal but might make it easier for all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What we did, in a similar situation (5&7 year old 2nd row, 9 year old in 3rd) was to switch out their seats to simple booster cushions instead of those "deluxe" models with back & headrests. No issues folding 2nd row then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts