Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm thinking of purchasing a kodiaq and wonder how the accessibility is for the 3rd row if I have 2 x isofix seats in the second row. Any feedback is welcome! Thank you

·
Registered
579 Posts
Difficult - you might be better off putting one of the isofix seats in the front, assuming you have isofix on the front passenger seat? Think it might be an option on some models and in some markets?

Also, do be aware that the 3rd row isn't officially homologated for any kids' seats, even booster ones. I'm fairly certain that's because the headrests interfere with any backrest of the child seat, but you can get round this by removing the headrest and fitting them the other way round (i.e. pointing towards the rear of the car). There are a few threads here about doing that.

Then again I coped with twins in the back of an Audi A5 coupe until they were 6, so if you want difficult, try that! At least my wife had a VW Touran at the time.

Reactions: islandcoma

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, definitely not easy. When we had visiting family so had 2 kids seats in the back I had just one of the rear seats folded up (they are split-food) and a child crawled in via the boot. Works if you’re only trying to fit 6. Workability might depend on how long you will have two full kids seats. If one is older and might move to a booster soon it might be worth putting up with to get a great car…

Reactions: islandcoma

·
Registered
579 Posts
Currently in my Tiguan allspace if I have to car seats in the 2nd row then I fold the middle seat down for 3rd row child access
Yep, some of the VW products are a little more flexible in that the middle row is made up of 3 individual seats. Touran is the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts