Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Well done that man fo r finding that clip. Fan-bluddy-tastic!
Since I only carry SWMBO + two hounds . I shall enjoy wasting fuel and getting to 62 in double quick time. :D

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Hmm. Wonder how fast the 2.0 TSI would be then!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Beware whiplash & retrieve eyeballs from rear of skull! :lol:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks for that! Weird I had missed that video as I follow carwow and carbuyer regularly.

Anyhow, great as this is the engine I chose, after hesitating with the 2.0tdi.

Diesel will be banned from London soon enough so went TSI...

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I have 21 years experience with Shell Retail Fuels. & IMHO you (& I) have done the right thing. The 2.0L TSi is far too thirsty and VED is too high in the first year.
Unless you tow there is no reason to buy an 'oiler'. They are more expensive to buy and on Yetis (I am am my 3rd 1.2 DSG)at least they are just as economical as the dervs.
I consider that the death of diesel as a road fuel is imminent. It will be taxed out of existence because of the NOx emissions. Renault are to cease building diesel engines in the near future and since Nissan are allied with Renault , watch this space on diesel Nissans.
HMG are selling their entire fleet of 'oilers' and going petrol hybrid. London is doubling parking charges and Birmingham & others have banned ANY diesel car from the city centres.
Lorries may last a bit longer but the Yanks have already brought out a 1000BHP truck with a 350 mile range running on electric/hydrogen hybrid. Once somebody wakes up and gets more than the existing 3 hydrogen refuelling points in the country electric cars will be dead as well. Hydrogen is the only viable route for road transport. IMHO!!! I may be wrong? :roll:
But I think the death knell for diesel is tolling louder and louder .

·
Registered
123 Posts
IMHO... you are right and i fully agree with you. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Beware whiplash & retrieve eyeballs from rear of skull! :lol:
I wonder if ABT (well known VAG tuners) can play around with the engine management and bump it up to Golf GTI power (220PS)...

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don't think there will be the sensationalist expectations some publications are announcing for diesel.
After all its a previous government that encouraged diesel sales by (as typical of politicians) not having all the facts.
They had the opportunity to slow new diesel sales with the VED changes, and they didn't so I can't see them doing a lot else than a smallish levy in future. I do believe they ought to be discouraging new diesel sales, but not hitting current owners for doing what was encouraged in the past.

2.0 Tsi too thirsty Colin ? Check the Skoda figures, 4x4 petrol engines with DSG are very similar, and from experience I would say the 2.0 is probably going to do better real world than the 1.4 simply because it won't be working so hard to pull a heavy car.
Admittedly I have the benefit of being a low miler, so fuel consumption is not a major issue for me.
I expect the Kodiaq won't be much different MPG than my tsi vRS, its heavier with less power and 4WD, but I won't be as inclined to be as spirited ;)

Yep, £500 first year tax on 2.0 tsi, up from previous £300, but then the annual VED is the same (£140) for all of us as long as we haven't gone over 40K list.
At the old rate , it would have been £210 a year thereafter for the 2.0 tsi so I'm happy about that :)

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts

Wow, the 2.0 only got 7.9s....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.