Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is my first post here so hello :)
We are about to order one of these and I have fully decided on a couple of things but need help with others!
I have decided to get the 7seater sel
Getting the led ambiance kit
Spare wheel
Kids rear sun blinds
Also swap to the optional wheels

What I can't work out is
My wife would like a rear camera as the car we have now has it. Also to get the front sensors too. Rather than get them separately is there a better option i.e. The top view camera system?
Also is the canton hifi upgrade worth it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
aerodynamic18 said:
What I can't work out is
My wife would like a rear camera as the car we have now has it. Also to get the front sensors too. Rather than get them separately is there a better option i.e. The top view camera system?
I would highly recommend those visibility options. They're both features I had on my last car (Citroen C4GP) that I didn't order on this one, and miss. I suppose you could say, once you've driven a car with rear view camera, you'll never look back.... :roll: :lol: :: badum-tish::

There is a single 'area view' option which provides a combined 360 camera/sensor view of the car?

I would check with a dealership.

I'm satisfied with the sound system in mine. It's not upgraded. I spend a lot of time on the road and I always have music playing. The standard kit is an improvement from the last car with greater range and far less distortion. I doubt I'm enough of an audiophile to appreciate the upgrade, even if I had ordered it!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'll try and get it clarified at the dealer. The crv we have has a sub etc on the audio so don't want to miss it. Also stuck on the colour as I thought I'd go white (the candy colour) but after seeing the other colours im stuck lol. I also am slightly stuck on the engine. I was going for the diesel 2wd auto but then also like the idea of the manual 4wd one but the fact u can never have a towbar is frustrating. Doing only 25k miles in 3 yrs I'm thinking the petrol might be worth a look tbh

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't think the Canton system is worth it, though I had mine bundled in at the time of ordering.

The reverse camera is of help though nom essential as I can do without it; my other car doesn't have one. I have never found front sensors of help as I reverse park into everything.

·
Registered
194 Posts
aerodynamic18 said:
We are about to order one of these and I have fully decided on a couple of things but need help with others!
Spare wheel
Kids rear sun blinds

What I can't work out is
Personally I've gone for the rear view camera and the front and rear sensors. I didn't feel the full "area view" surround camera was worth the extra. Undoubtedly there are benefits with full area view, but with sensors, mirrors, and a rear camera I'm very comfortable with that choice.

I tried cars with and without the Canton upgrade, and although I wasn't able to really "give it some welly" in terms of volume on the test drives, I agree that the standard system would be absolutely fine, and I would have been very happy with that. However, as I do like a decent bass / sub-woofer I did treat myself and go for the Canton upgrade. Not sure I can justify my decision from a practical perspective but I'm happy 😀

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealer has said I can come and have a listen to a car with and with out the canton system. Also is away to check on the parking sensors/camera question

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sprower said:
aerodynamic18 said:
Spare wheel
Kids rear sun blinds

What I can't work out is
Personally I've gone for the rear view camera and the front and rear sensors. I didn't feel the full "area view" surround camera was worth the extra. Undoubtedly there are benefits with full area view, but with sensors, mirrors, and a rear camera I'm very comfortable with that choice.

I tried cars with and without the Canton upgrade, and although I wasn't able to really "give it some welly" in terms of volume on the test drives, I agree that the standard system would be absolutely fine, and I would have been very happy with that. However, as I do like a decent bass / sub-woofer I did treat myself and go for the Canton upgrade. Not sure I can justify my decision from a practical perspective but I'm happy 😀
I quite like the bass too and since my current car has it I want to make sure. As this will be the car for the next 4yrs it needs to be right!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I dont know this for definite but l dont think you can have a spare wheel and bass sub. I say this as the test drive l did, had a sub in the spare wheel space, for me it was better to have the spare wheel.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Visibility.
Front and rear sensors for me. Camera does not see 'round corners' as do the sensors. All right if you have both but I would not have a camera on it's own.
I considered the 'top down' but the price is ridiculous.
Canton.
Mine was also an early order freeby. I would not pay £500 for it it simply is not worth it IMHO. I have had 5 Skodas, 4 with standard ICE systems and the Kodiaq with Canton. I would much rather have had the £500 off the price!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi,

Same arguments as Colin as I didn't find the price/value relationship reasonable for neither Canton, AreaView or rear view camera. But, as so many other aspects in life, it comes down to individual requirements. Personally I chose to pamper my kids with heated back seat, foldable tables, window blinds and power outlets instead.

·
Registered
421 Posts
davidb said:
I dont know this for definite but l dont think you can have a spare wheel and bass sub. I say this as the test drive l did, had a sub in the spare wheel space, for me it was better to have the spare wheel.
You misunderstood or didn't see it properly. You can't have the sub WITHOUT the spare wheel as it sits in it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hugh Fanism said:
You misunderstood or didn't see it properly. You can't have the sub WITHOUT the spare wheel as it sits in it.
very very likely as l was more interested in sorting out why l could not have 5 seats and a spare wheel, it had to be 7 seats to get a spare wheel option

·
Registered
503 Posts
Personally,
Area view : well worth it
Canton : not worth it (mine was free so can't complain, but certainly don't think its worth the money).

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Hugh Fanism » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:04 pm
1.4 DSG SE L, council paint,
Eh??? Haven't seen that on the colour charts. :lol:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Visibility.
Front and rear sensors for me. Camera does not see 'round corners' as do the sensors. All right if you have both but I would not have a camera on it's own.
The area view camera (and I'm pretty sure the std rear camera) can actually see around corners, well maybe not quite true, but providing to camera is past the apex then it can.

Savage said:
Personally,
Area view : well worth it
+1 given the choice I would spec it every time (doesn't help when SWMBO has scraped a couple of concrete bollards with the side sill :roll: )

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Went to the dealer and had a listen to the two systems. Decided on the upgrade as it held the levels clearer in my opinion. Also just going to get front and rear sensors and the rear camera. It's what we have now so happy to have the same again. Top view was too expensive atm. Now all I need it to finalise the colour and engine tonight and then I'm done :) also last question does anyone have the colour maxi dot and is it worth it. Does it display the exact same as the standard one but just in colour?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I chose colour maxi DOT and think it's worth it. The front assist displays the car warning in red if the car in front is too close. Even speed limits are shown with a red circle and white background (like how it is on the road). Especially when driving, I find colours easy to read and less distracting.

·
Registered
149 Posts
bigboss said:
I chose colour maxi DOT and think it's worth it. The front assist displays the car warning in red if the car in front is too close. Even speed limits are shown with a red circle and white background (like how it is on the road). Especially when driving, I find colours easy to read and less distracting.
I agree bigboss.

·
Registered
503 Posts
bigboss said:
I chose colour maxi DOT and think it's worth it. Even speed limits are shown with a red circle and white background (like how it is on the road).
Only if you have the traffic sign recognition ? Can't say I have ever seen it on mine, but then its normally got either range or nav instructions on the screen :lol:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bigboss said:
Did you pay for front assist and the speed limit display option?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts