Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In early 2018 I ordered my new Kodiaq from RRG in Manchester, i priced it throught a website but dealt with RRG directly having got a excellent price, delivery 4 to 6 weeks, yes i appreciate a dream these days and said Ok yes and paid my deposit. It was actually a deam even then.

The car didnt arrive due to the emissions scandle sweeping through the VW group, retooling, then delays, then the vehicle would be the 2019 model, more delays.

Finally i chased Skoda, i had been told the car was built awaiting shipment from Germany, next call it wasnt built but on the list, one chap in Skoda services even told me it was part built a week after i was told it was at the port, i questioned had they thrown 4 wheel nuts in a box constituting partly built?. Finally i complained as the months went by and the car continued from built, in build at the port and not yet down to be built. In fairness i was offered a refund by RRG i looked at other brands but really wanted a second Skoda,impressed by the1.6 Octavia estate we had and still have, 74mpg such joy, never matched by the large Kodiaq i will say understandable.

The customer services rep allocated to my case was very understanding, why had i been given such information? she wondered, as she could see this on the system. I dared to ask for a set of mats for a car for the time i had spend chasing them. She said any compensation couldnt be decided on till i got the car or a firm date to do so.

Finally i was informed by the customer services rep 7 months later that my car was due at the dealers, she offered a very generous £500 off servicing, parts or err mats, cheakily i asked for a 5 year warranty having order the 4 on purchase. She agreed and copied me in on an email to RRG comfirming Skoda would pay for this. She also emailed me the conformation from the dealer that that this would be done.

Finally a call from RRG my car had arrived could i come in on this day, fabulous, she showed me my car and an email from Skoda saying it wouldnt arrive till the following week,. how bizzare.

After collected the vehicle i checked my paper work a, 4 year warranty had been applied rather than the 5 agreed by email i questioned with my Skoda customer adviser, she was as dismayed as i was was as the dealer had confirmed this 5 year warranty by email, apparently the warranty has to be put on the system before the vehicle is registered and Skoda UK cant override this, how bizzare.

So her only way of sorting this was to send me a letter stating that when the 4 years warranty was up to take the 5th year and pay then send the invoice to Skoda UK at the address and reference number given, fine but what does the warranty cover? nobody appears to know.

As it approached 3 years old i had a call from Skoda, would i like to take an extended warranty? the dealer i use also said the warranty had expired, a customer adviser told me the 4 year warranty was hidden under the chasis number so the dealer couldnt see it easily, thats handy..

Our Kodiaq spends months abroad and i have asked customer services would i covered whilst abroad, given the vehicle was over three years old with 25k, fully serviced by a UK dealer but still under warranty, they didnt know, what did the 4 or 5 year warranty cover they didnt know that either, neither did the servicing dealer, which i will say isnt RRG. They told me any fault would be reported to Skoda UK then they would decide if it was covered or not, but as they dont know i have a 4 year warranty its simply pay then THEY decide if they want to cover it.

So how do i take the 5th year warranty if their system doesnt knows i had the 4th and will this just be an after market warrantly rather than an manufurers 5 year warrant, yes there is a big difference in cover.

Last month in the wildlands of Portugal,i pulled over to let a car pass, the stop start kicked in, then when i put my foot on the accellerator the starter motor mis mismesshed, them it flagged up stop start malfunction, this was followed by the heater plug malfunction is this covered? who knows, it a pain to have a warranty that i dont know what it covers.

Thankfully she recovered after being turn off for a while, now back in the UK its due a service id like them to look at the fault from Portugal but is this covered or not, i know the answer.... a Skoda dealer doesnt know.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Didn't you or anyone at Skoda think of looking at the Skoda website? Seems a very simple answer to a very long question.

Car Warranty | ŠKODA Warranty | ŠKODA UK

At the end of your post you say "is this covered? " If the problem has been caused by a manufacturing defect then yes it is covered. If it's down to wear and tear then it isn't. First of all you have to know what has failed and the only way of doing that is to have your car examined.

As for your question about cover in the EU - The warranty is very clear about this. Have the car repaired by a Skoda dealer in the EU and then claim the money back when you return to the UK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts