Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hearing rumours that there may be a five seat version of the upper specced models. That would be really interesting to me. I neither want or need seven seats as the back would be used for our dog as it is in our Superb. This could be a persuader for me as I dont like being forced to pay for somethingIi am never going to use.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Yup, can order a 5 seater and get 500-600 pounds savings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Zach, you may be able to do so in NZ but looking at the UK config. five seats are still only showing up to the SE spec, but this does not have the engine/gearbox that I would like. Looks like the UK must wait a while longer.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Ask your dealer for a 5 seater, as recent updates take weeks to show up on the configurator. They have only just been approved here in NZ and I got told it'll take weeks to be put there as with the UK.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Had confirmation today from Skoda UK customer service, that you can now order 5 seat versions of the SEL and Edition.
Great news for caravaners and other towers. Should mean 2300 kg max trailer weight and 100kg nose weight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you order a 5 seat Edition 180 TDI 4x4, with an electric swivelling towbar you can't order a spare wheel! Just had to amend my order to a 7 seat version with the lower noseweight (80kg) as I don't fancy towing without a spare. Additionally, just had confirmation that the towcar 13 pin electrics are fully caravan compliant i.e. will power the fridge, atc, battery charging etc. Apparently many VAG group vehicles with the swivelling towbar only have basic trailer light electrics.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yes, you're able to order the 5 seat version in the higher specs since at least 2 weeks in the UK. The online configurator hasn't been updated yet.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Coachyman said:
If. Additionally, just had confirmation that the towcar 13 pin electrics are fully caravan compliant i.e. will power the fridge, atc, battery charging etc. Apparently many VAG group vehicles with the swivelling towbar only have basic trailer light electrics.
Is that all factory fit towbar electrics? My Yeti with factory fit just does the basics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bigboss - yes you can order a 5 seat version of the higher specs but NOT with a spare wheel. If you want a spare wheel, it has to be a 7 seater. There is a problem with the variable boot floor in combination with the spare wheel on the 5 seat model.
Plodd - I can only speak for the Edition 180 TDI 4x4 model - not sure about other models with the factory fit towbar but it would seem odd if they fitted basic electrics to some Kodiaqs and and full electrics to others.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
This seat configuration malarky really P's me off. I will never even open up my 6th & 7th seats and It cost me £1000 for something I will never even look at let alone use. Dealer says it will P/X better when I sell it, but I bet he won't give me an extra £1K

1 - 10 of 10 Posts