Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone else with a 2022 car tell me whether Skoda have deleted/removed the cover for the spare wheel and tools? I certainly had this part - it was made of hardboard and covered in the same grey carpet material as the rest of the same area. It sits over the top of the spare wheel and tool kit and underneath the load cover when it's stowed away under the small piece of false boot floor.

My new car doesn't have this piece although there is still the row of 4 holes on the back edge of the 3rd row seats where it clips to with plastic clips. Has it been deleted from all 2022 Kodiaq models or is it missing from my car?

If anyone with a relatively new car could see if they've got this, then that would tell me.

If it's been deleted, could someone with an older car tell me the part number? Hopefully it would be on a sticker attached to the underneath of it and I can then order one through the parts department at my Skoda dealer.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those covers were done away with years ago.
So I popped into my local Skoda dealer to ask about this and they let me look at their other 22-plate Kodiaq long-term demonstrator and sure enough, it's not in that car either, so reckon you're right. At some point between my old car being built in late 2018 and my new car being built in March 2022, this part has been deleted from the Kodiaq.

They did however have another second hand Kodiaq on their forecourt and let me have a look in that one and sure enough, it had one. On the back was the sticker with the part number, so I then went into the parts department to see how much it would be. It's not something they have in stock, so it would have to be ordered, however the price was (wait for it!)...

£141.23 + VAT!
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Guess I'll go without, although I have found a second hand one on eBay for £79.99 with free postage, but not sure I need/want it that much. Better things to spend my money on. I (naively!) thought it would be around £40 from Skoda, it's only a couple bits of hardboard with some carpet stuck to it and a few plastic clips to hold it in place...

So to anyone who currently has an older Kodiaq and has a new one on order, if you want/expect this part in your new car, then best keep the one you've got when you trade/sell your old car!

·
Registered
Skoda Kodiaq Sportline 2.0tdi 200 2022
71 Posts
Dealer told me when ordering that it was no longer included but it was useful. I'd pay £40/50 but not £150+

1 - 4 of 4 Posts