Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my dealer has just sourced some 20 inch alloys.
The RS1 alloy will be available in Matt Grey Machine Face
Wheel packages with 255/45 R20 105V XL Nexen RU5 (set of 4)

Will these be ok on the Kodiaq regarding tyre clearances etc.
Anybody with 20 inch rims on their Kodiaq care to comment on quality of ride?

·
Registered
100 Posts
The Sportline is likely to come with 20 inch rims, and was shown with that size rims, and looks good. The ride will be slightly firmer but are you going with DCC in which case no problem as the Kodiaq rides pretty well. The snow chain issue remains if you ever thought of heading to the snow, but that is no different to stock 19s anyway. If you like the look I'd go for it, I really don't like 'Twig-loves' hence my search for Vegas, as I knew I'd never be happy with them. Love the look with Vegas, and I bet your will look good with 20s.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
The 2.0 TSI demo car at my dealer is on 20" RS6 wheels and rides fine with DCC. It's obviously firmer but I didn't find it uncomfortable except for larger bumps. Comfort suspension helps but I think the 19" wheels ride better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AndyH said:
The Sportline is likely to come with 20 inch rims, and was shown with that size rims, and looks good. The ride will be slightly firmer but are you going with DCC in which case no problem as the Kodiaq rides pretty well. The snow chain issue remains if you ever thought of heading to the snow, but that is no different to stock 19s anyway. If you like the look I'd go for it, I really don't like 'Twig-loves' hence my search for Vegas, as I knew I'd never be happy with them. Love the look with Vegas, and I bet your will look good with 20s.
Yes have DCC so probably will be fine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AndyH said:
Did you remove the tire pressure monitors and put in Vegas?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think the Kodiaq TPMS works on a different basis. The dealer did the swap and I asked if they would swap the 'sensors' over. No need they said, as the car works it out as if by magic apparently . . . something to do with wheel revolutions I believe, but the system doesn't display individual pressures as far as I'm aware.

According to the manual:

The tyre pressure monitoring function (following known as system) monitors
the tyre pressure while driving.
If the tyre inflation pressure changes, the warning light lights up in the in-
strument cluster and an audible signal sounds» page 47.
The system can only function properly if the tyres have the prescribed inflation
pressure and these pressure values are stored in the system.
Always save the tyre pressure values in the system if one of the following events occurs.
▶ Change of tyre pressure values.
▶ Change one or more wheels.
▶ Change in position of a wheel on the vehicle. ▶ The warning light in the instrument cluster.

CAUTION
To ensure proper system function, the tyre pressure values must be stored ev- ery 10,000 km or 1x a year.

·
Registered
175 Posts
AndyH said:
I think the Kodiaq TPMS works on a different basis. The dealer did the swap and I asked if they would swap the 'sensors' over. No need they said, as the car works it out as if by magic apparently . . . something to do with wheel revolutions I believe, but the system doesn't display individual pressures as far as I'm aware.
As I understand it the system doesn't measure tyre pressure per se, but sensenses difference in wheel revolutions. So, if a particular wheel starts revolving more quickly over time it is translated as reduced circumference due to pressure loss, and a warning comes up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts