Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should know this but I have two simple questions:-

1. N/side mirror no longer dips on reverse engaged; what`s the combination to sort?

2. What is the normal power distribution for my 4x4 on dry surface

Thanks

·
Registered
631 Posts
1. Make sure you have the mirror selector on the driver's door set to the passenger side (left for UK or RHD, right for EU/LHD). Any other position and it won't dip. There is also a setting in the infotainment under Car > Settings > Mirrors (I think, but somewhere like that) where the option can be disabled - worth checking it is still turned on.

2. FWD afaik, or at least front-biased - it's a Haldex 5th Gen system. There's quite a good video of the Kodiaq Scout going off-road at the link below where you can see the rear wheels driving (watch from 26:25 into the video for an explanation), but they only get torque when the fronts start to slip (in a simplistic terms, but it's probably a good bit more complicated than that!):

·
Registered
27 Posts
In normal conditions, the car is FWD only. When it detects slipping, it starts to transfer power to the rear (or opposite side of the car). More details here.

I'm not sure if you can lock it in and 4WD mode? Probably can...so many options on this (and all modern) cars, you could probably get it to dance the tango :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts