Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just interest to see what mpg other 2.0 tsi drivers are getting?

Hopefully all done some mixed mileage now

·
Registered
175 Posts
Low 30s at moment, but I drive quite hard. Never got more than 50 in the 4x4 Octavia.

I'm expecting low 40s when loosened up, and I'll be happy with that.

You?...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am really impressed with yours.

LT for me (800 miles) is 27mpg, mainly city driving in and around London with traffic.

On along run at the weekend, got 38mpg which I thought was most impressive, however, popping to Tesco over 2 miles I got 16.4mpg and was barely accelerating!

Either way, stunning engine, lovely little growl through the rev range!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes, she's a bit "juicy" - but it's a big lump to be pushing around like a sports car.

This morning I had to visit a site 45 miles away through leafy Norfolk lanes (Tough job, but somebody has do do it!). Client was paying 45p per mile so I thought Hell lets GO! Drove there in Sport mode Very Fast - red-line accelerating and overtaking everything (LOVE overtaking BMWs): 25.2 mpg.
Drove home in Eco mode like the Old Man I am: 31.3 mpg.

The additional cost in fuel for the 45 miles of Fun was £2.24. Cheap Thrills in my opinion.

·
Registered
93 Posts
so fellas after 12months how's the mpg fairing now?
I'm in the market for the 2.0tsi 4x4, I'd be happy 25mpg town driving or is that being optimistic?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I would think that would a fair estimate.
I have noticed that the warmer weather has made a tremendous difference to consumption.
I the past cold weather even when the temp gauge should normal I could not get more than 26mpg on town drives up to 6 miles.
Now a 3 mile drive on the same routes has given me 33.4 this morning.Temperature in Poole at the moment 61f

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have driven now 7500 kms mostly short distances and some about 100km trips on highways. Long time consumption shows 35mpg. Not so bad because we had a proper winter here in Finland.

G

·
My long term consumption in my total of 421 miles so far is 28.5mpg. A 59 mile trip today, mostly motorway yielded 34.9 mpg. I'm happy with that, it's better than I ever achieved in my 1.8 Tsi Yeti.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My personal feeling is the 2.0 is going to be more mpg friendly than the 1.4, as the 2.0 should be better equipped to pull a 2.5 ton frame, hope I'm right as I'm gonna order next month!

·
Registered
77 Posts
wheelwright said:
My personal feeling is the 2.0 is going to be more mpg friendly than the 1.4, as the 2.0 should be better equipped to pull a 2.5 ton frame, hope I'm right as I'm gonna order next month!
Depends how you drive. The 1.4 doesn't need much effort to move it along at a decent pace.

The Kodiaq is actually about 1800kgs, spec dependent of course.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have gone from a 2.0TD X3 auto to the 2.0TSi DSG, do about 1000 miles a month, more importantly than the fuel consumption I can tell you that the fuel cost is no more than it was for the diesel. I put in 99 RON petrol and use the ECO mode - plenty of acceleration. The 2.0 is definitely no 'gas guzzler"

·
Registered
75 Posts
After 1891 miles of use my long term average is 36.7 mpg
(2.0ltr 190 DSG 4X4 7 seater - with a loaded boot and genrally 1 passenger for approx 40% of the time)

·
Registered
110 Posts
That might be relevant for all the other tractor owners.... :twisted:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Pjmartin said:
After 1891 miles of use my long term average is 36.7 mpg
(2.0ltr 190 DSG 4X4 7 seater - with a loaded boot and genrally 1 passenger for approx 40% of the time)
When I saw 36.7mpg I thought that's good, then I see you drive the diesel not the petrol 2.0!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Total to date after 700 ish miles is 28.5mpg It has mostly been town driving, with very little in the way of motorway.

Got 35mpg today on a gentle run over to my parents.

Given that it's only 3 weeks old and the amount of short journeys I'm happy with it.

It is a peach of an engine, loads of low down torque, almost diesel esque, not sure about top end yet as I'm old school and haven't gone much past 4000 rpm, once we reach the magic 1k, I'll ease my way there.

Cannot get over how much I'm enjoying this car...!

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
We've had our 2.0 TSi for about 8 months now and covered around 4000 miles. Long term average is 29.6mpg which I think is reasonable considering most of our miles are quite short journeys. On a long run the best we consistently get is around 36mpg and that's usually 2 adult + 2 kids and some boot usage.
That's quite a bit better than we ever achieved with our 2l CR-V which we had from new for 9 years.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just calculated mine after second fill up.

2.0L TSI Scout. Did 373 miles. About 300 motorway at 65/70mph and the remainder fairly long "A" road at about 50mph.

Car tells me it did 36.7 mpg but calculating from the volume needed to refill tank it actually returned 34.3 mpg . This is about the level of inaccuracy I was expecting.

It has still only done a total of 410 miles so it might improve a bit as the engine loosens up. However I'll be OK if it stays around the 34 mark. I don't think that's bad for a 2.0L petrol in this size of vehicle.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Gordie1973 said:
I'm old school and haven't gone much past 4000 rpm, once we reach the magic 1k, I'll ease my way there.
Havent you already passed the running in period? The manual says 1000 km, you have done 1230km already.

From page 212 of the UK manual:
During the first 1,000 km, the engine should not be charged with more than 3/4 of the maximum permitted engine revs and without the trailer.
In the area of 1,000 to 1,500 kilometres, the engine load can be increased up to the maximum permitted engine speed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ahhhh, thanks, I must have read it as miles. Ok. Will warp factor itbiver the next couple of days. (That is if the wife gives it back to me!!!)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts