Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that 1.4 TSI is no longer accepted for new Kodiaq factory order?
I just had a message from the dealer stating above.

I am assuming then it is 1.5 TSI coming fairly soon to the bear, but the prices will rise!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Does that mean the 1.4 is rubbish?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I have heard rumours that the 1.4 will be replaced with the 1.5 when they start fitting a 'GPF' to most if not all TSi s. It is already fitted to the Karoq, which does not yet have a GPF fitted.
No the 1.4 is not rubbish. It is a brilliant engine, ask those of us on the forum that have opted for it.
It is purely that VAG have reworked it to produce the same bhp but improved consumption.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The 1.4 is still available on the New Zealand configuration.
As they say the one constant in life is change, there will always be the next 'best' thing. How else would the corporations get us to update before the car has worn out.
P.S. I love the 1.4 I have not regretted the engine choice. I can still enlist a "wee" from the back seat. (Future petrol heads in training.)

·
Registered
64 Posts
The 1.5 TSI will likely be introduced at the same time as the other MY19 changes, week 22 (Monday 28th May 2018).

Until then the excellent 1.4 TSI remains available to order.

I deliberately ordered a Kodiaq last week to ensure I get one of the last 1.4's, I don't want the 1.5.

Whilst fuel economy and emissions are improved on the 1.5 these are reported to be at the expense of driveability.

The VAG 1.4 TSI engine is widely recognised as being an exceptional petrol engine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm waiting for the 1.5 in hope that the emissions will be lower than the 1.4 so company car BIK will be less. Going by the Karoq 1.5 it will be&#x1f44d-1f3fb;

·
Registered
34 Posts
Any news on whether there are similar changes affecting the 2.0 TSI?

Where can you find this sort of info?

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
From the config this morning.

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hugh Fanism said:
Falkster1 said:
ingram69 said:

Thanks guys
I just keep scanning the Web...

https://fleetworld.co.uk/skoda-introduces-new-engines-with-latest-kodiaq-lk/

Looks as if the 2.0 TSI is getting more power...
Maybe scan this forum instead and save yourself some time. All the info in this thread has been posted on here many moons ago.
Excellent, the OP's question doesn't need to be asked and no one needs to try and help him :lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hugh Fanism said:
Falkster1 said:
ingram69 said:

Thanks guys

Maybe scan this forum instead and save yourself some time. All the info in this thread has been posted on here many moons ago.
Maybe you could save me some more time and link me to the thread where I'll find the answer?

Thanks

·
Registered
421 Posts
Falkster1 said:
Hugh Fanism said:
Falkster1 said:

Excellent, the OP's question doesn't need to be asked and no one needs to try and help him :lol:
I wasn't answering a question, I quoted a statement. I was merely stating that everything in this thread was a duplicate and the "new" information had been posted quite some time ago. I can't link people to threads before they've asked questions about the past, I'm not Marty McFly.

·
Registered
421 Posts
ingram69 said:
Hugh Fanism said:
Falkster1 said:

Maybe you could save me some more time and link me to the thread where I'll find the answer?

Thanks
Your question was already answered with a link provided by someone else.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hugh Fanism said:
Falkster1 said:
Hugh Fanism said:
I wasn't answering a question, I quoted a statement. I was merely stating that everything in this thread was a duplicate and the "new" information had been posted quite some time ago. I can't link people to threads before they've asked questions about the past, I'm not Marty McFly.
Excellent! It's the flux capacitor he needs then :lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hugh Fanism said:
ingram69 said:
Hugh Fanism said:

Thanks
No it wasn't

That is an old link about the L&K and basically says that the 1.4 and 2.0 will be updated in the near future.

This thread is about the fact that the 1.4 is being replaced NOW, and I wanted to try and find out if that also meant the 2.0 180hp was being replaced NOW by the 190hp.

Trawling through old threads doesn't help.

Do you have anything of value to add?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Order books now definitely closed on the 1.4 TSI engine, at least in the UK.

Skoda are notoriously poor at updating their online configurator so you can ignore that.

However, the new news is that the Kodiaq won't be fitted with the 1.5 TSI until week 32 (August), after the summer plant shutdown.

The reason for this is reported to be that Skoda need more time to fulfil the requirements of the new WLTP regulations...

http://wltpfacts.eu/what-is-wltp-how-will-it-work/

This means quite a large gap where you won't be able to order the 1.4 TSI or receive a new 1.5 TSI.

Skoda will however have stockpiled plenty of 1.4 TSI's so whilst factory orders won't be accepted there will be brand new 1.4 TSI Kodiaq's available to buy throughout the summer.

·
Registered
421 Posts
ingram69 said:
Hugh Fanism said:
ingram69 said:

Thanks
No it wasn't

That is an old link about the L&K and basically says that the 1.4 and 2.0 will be updated in the near future.

This thread is about the fact that the 1.4 is being replaced NOW, and I wanted to try and find out if that also meant the 2.0 180hp was being replaced NOW by the 190hp.

Trawling through old threads doesn't help.

Do you have anything of value to add?
I find it very hard to answer stupid questions in a helpful and polite way. I'd hazard a guess that anyone on this forum can only speculate as this information hasn't been passed through the motoring press or been released by Skoda yet. Ask here and you might get lucky [email protected]

·
Registered
34 Posts
How was my question stupid?

I ordered a 2.0 TSI a couple of weeks ago and I'm just trying to find out if anyone has any concrete info regarding the timing of a change to this engine that might affect my build.

What's your issue Hugh?

·
Registered
421 Posts
ingram69 said:
How was my question stupid?

I ordered a 2.0 TSI a couple of weeks ago and I'm just trying to find out if anyone has any concrete info regarding the timing of a change to this engine that might affect my build.

What's your issue Hugh?
If your Skoda dealership can't tell you then how could this board? Genuine question, I'm nothing trying to be RC.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts