Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All bar the 1.4 TSI ACT 150ps Kodiaq's gets the 7 speed DSG. Is the 6 speed a good match with the 150bhp 1.4?

I notice that the "Karok" is getting the newer 1.5 TSI ACT 150 bhp with a 7 speed DSG

·
Registered
162 Posts
Had two cars with 7spd DSG and now the 6spd in the Kodiaq.

Can't say it makes an awful lot of difference, but I agree with your logic that the 7spd would have been the assumed natural choice. I'm sure there is a reason for it, unless they just over-produced a stock of 6spd :p

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I agree completely with Swindiaq.
I have had four 7 speed DSGs and wonder why the 1.4 gets 6 speeds?? Logic would say that the less power the more cogs would be a better idea.
I must admit it doesn't concern me overmuch, notwithstanding it hangs on to gears a bit longer in spirited acceleration.
I did prefer the 7 speed as the gear changes were at lower revs. I am sure there is a reason why Skoda decided on 6 for the 1.4. Perhaps it has something to do with the ACT as this is the only kodiaq that has that technology.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.